Monday, May 07, 2007

Birthday Decorations for our ART PARTY


Well my babies are growing up.... and this past weekend we celebrated Keely's 4th birthday and Cole's 2nd birthday! I can hardly believe how fast the years have passed.
We had an Art party and I wanted to share a few of the decorations with everyone.

Center Piece


To make this I started with a white tin with handles. Place floral foam inside to insert the skewer flowers and paint brushes. I used kitchen skewers and painted them green for the stems of the flowers. Using my Cricut I cut different sizes of two different flowers. Stacking the flowers one over another I added buttons and glued them to the skewers. The balls are some wood accents I panted and glued the the skewers. Paint bushes dipped in paint and left to dry were added too. For the filler I cut different colors of paper into small strips. Then using my paper crimper to give the wave effect. To decorate the tin I printed DREAM, BELIEVE, PLAY, CREATE, INSPIRE & IMAGINE onto clear sticker paper.


Crayon Holder & Covered Crayons

I used old ribbon spools to make this crayon holder. I just cut the end of the spools in half and covered with paper. I also inked the edges of the spool. To cover the crayons, I printed labels with the words INSPIRE, PLAY, CREATE, IMAGINE, DREAM & BELIEVE. I also did the same think to the chalk using full sheets of sticker paper.

No comments: