Sunday, January 04, 2009

Resolution Time

A New Year's resolution as defined by Wikipedia is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until fulfilled or abandoned.


If your like most people, January is the time for resolutions. My mother in law just asked me a few days ago “what my resolutions were?”. And I responded “nothing different that what we don’t hope to change or make better every day.”
Which got me to thinking...... Habits that I want to reform or make better???....... So now I have come up with a few.
  • Top on OUR (I say our because it will take both my husband and myself to complete this task) list is to be more in control of our money. And Save Save Save!
    With my husband as our only income source, working in an automobile factory, this feeling of endless security has come and gone over the last 6 months. We are very thankful that he has a great job that pays well. But now realize that there are no guarantees that he will have a job at all.

  • Of course exercise more. Like most this is on my list AGAIN this year.
  • For me, I would like to grow my embroidery hobby. Expand and Grow! Which would be the total opposite of what I want my body to do. Hence the above resolution.


So those are my top 3. What are yours?

No comments: